If you have a change in ownership or contact information, you’ll want to change your domain registrant details so they’re up-to-date. We will walk you through the steps to do this, but first, there are 2 important things to know:
- An ICANN verification of the new registrant will be triggered. The verification must be completed within 15 days to avoid domain suspension;
- A 60-day transfer lock may be placed on the domain name by the registry.
If you need to update or change your domain registrar details, please go to My Domains from your HostPapa Dashboard, then open your domain details and go to Contacts.
If for some reason this option is unavailable for your domain, please open a support ticket.
Once the ticket is open, both the new registrant and the previous registrant need to approve the transfer. In the steps below, we’ll outline both of these approval processes.
New registrant transfer approval
1. The new registrant will receive an email to approve the change.
3. After the Accept Update button is clicked, the next step is triggered.
Previous registrant transfer approval
4. The old registrant will receive an email to approve the changes.
5. The old registrar needs to click on the approval link. A new page will open:
IMPORTANT: If you intend to transfer the domain to a new registrar, you need to check the “Waive 60-Day transfer lock” option. Otherwise, the domain will automatically be locked for 60 days by the registry, and a transfer will not be possible.
If you no longer have access to the old registrant email address, please contact HostPapa Support and provide us with a phone number for SMS verification.
After the change is complete, both the new registrant and former registrant will receive a confirmation email:
The new domain registrant will also receive “Data use consent” and the ICANN verification emails.
If you need help changing your domain registrar, please open a support ticket from your dashboard.